Sunday, March 28, 2010

Life Update

I wish I had a fun and exciting update, but unfortunately, it's one of those real-life things that we tend to want to avoid.

For those of you who don't know, exactly one week ago Patrick and I went to the emergency room because of some complications I was having. Unfortunately, we found out that we had lost our baby. I was exactly 12 weeks along, and the doctor said it was only about a 5% chance of happening--but it did.

Throughout the week, we have been showered with kind comments, messages, texts, and emails. I apologize for the non-reply, but know that we received them all and felt the love of our friends and family more than ever.

While I'd love to tell you that our gut-reaction was to thank God that in the end, this would all be okay; that just wasn't the case. Patrick and I definitely went through a week of heartache, and hurt. The question "why" arose an infinite amount of times; and that feeling of betrayal just couldn't be shook.

I tell you all of this, only to lead up to the fact that those were normal feelings. God-given emotions. And the greatest part, was when we had processed and healed enough to fully come to God and give it all to Him--the healing was indescribable.

So we thank you so much for all of your prayers and support during this time. There's still things that need to heal, but know, that we are okay. We are alive and well, and believing for great things to come.


Psalm 34:17-19

17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.

18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

19 A righteous man may have many troubles,
but the LORD delivers him from them all;

No comments: