Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!


So here's to a wonderful 2010.

2009 was definitely one of a kind, but we're ready to move forward. I tend to be a sucker for New Year's. I'm all about a.) starting a diet, b.) writing down a bunch of goals, and c.) let's just be honest, a big world-wide party is bound to be a good time. And look, I'm already doing great. I was up at at it at 8:30 am after staying up 'till a very late 3am. Hello world- I'm motivated! (And happen to have a husband who had to be at work at 9:30, but that's neither here nor there.)

But in memory, I'll post a little tribute to the past year. My last post was an update on our lives, but I feel like there was so much left out. This year I got to celebrate with two of my favorite friends in welcoming little ones into their lives - my friend Brookhad Gavin only 2 days after my birthday (it was so close, but, then I thought- who reeeallly wants to share their birthday with an adorable baby? I would have been overlooked in an instant!). And then my sister-in-law, Carly, just had little Ruby in October! Beyond that, we got to celebrate so many engagements, marriages, and new babies. It's such an honor to be a part of those moments for the ones you love. Even despite our temporary distance, we were able to spend so much time with our families. My family even vacationed together for the first time in almost 10 years. I also turned 22 (what a great age) and had the best birthday on the planet (big thanks to the husband for that one)! Plus, I got to ride in a plane 4 times and if you know me well, you know how much I love those airports.

Did I mention I got to do all of this whole year with my best friend? Now, who can beat that?

So, farewell 2009, you were swell; here's what you looked like:

Grayson at Poppa Sean's. He got a lot of sugar that night.


Patrick and his best friend Brock- they were preparing to knock down some very hefty icicles and had to take necessary precautions.
Holler for flat tires!


Kate and Evie. Love them. Miss them.

Tulsa Vacation! Mom and Brendyn at the zoo.
I just love this kid.

I wont' lie; I am his favorite aunt.

Best birthday ever with my oh-so-dreamy husband.

Best birthday present ever.


Thumbs up for Ruby!
What a good Poppa to come see his grand-baby.

Her freckles melt my heart.

Wii time with the fam. Not much better than that.

Oh wait, maybe watching my husband cook with my mom.

God bless Michigan weather. It's a beautiful thing.

And this guy, well, we just can't seem to live near each other right now. This does not make me so happy.

I love love.




No comments: