Sunday, July 11, 2010

1st Birthday :: Gavin

Last year this time I was on constant phone watch. I kept it by my bed, in my pocket, on my desk, volume full-blast, constantly charged. I was waiting for a very special call. Patrick still makes fun of the way I would jump out of bed if I heard a ding or a ring. It was 24-hour awareness.

Why all the over-attachment to my telephone? Because we were thousands of miles away from one of my very best friends, Brook, was 9 months pregnant for her first baby. This little bean, as we lovingly called him for those precious months in her belly, had a piece of my heart from the very beginning. And words can't even described how happy I was when I got that call that he was here! Even though we couldn't be there, it was still such an important day for us.

Brook and Aaron, it has been one of the greatest joys to watch Gavin grow this last year--to see him figure out crawling, eating, walking, sharing, singing, dancing--words can't describe how grateful we are to be a part of his life. We are so excited for G-baby's 1st birthday! So, I hope you enjoy!

We'll start you off with one of my favorites.
Gavin, you melt my heart.Brook had the cutest things for Gavin to play with, one of my favorites being the sock monkey.
Great shot from Patrick.
Could they be a more attractive family? I think not.

No comments: