Monday, April 26, 2010

Cooking :: Eggplant Parmesan

In my world, every Tuesday night is girls' night. It's a delightful event in which some of my favorite ladies and I get together and watch some shows, eat, and chat about life. We used to knit, and I fully plan on starting back up eventually, but sometimes you just need a break from certain things.

We try to rotate who brings food, but our gracious hostess, Brook, usually is the one to supply the goods. This past week, though, I wanted to contribute. So I attempted a new meal that I ended being quite please with: Eggplant Parmesan. I was very excited because this is not something we can make at home; Patrick is not a fan of this lovely purple delight. But thank goodness, my friends definitely are!

Aren't they just beautiful? Straight from Martha's Vineyard.
Just threw them on the grill after tossing them with some extra virgin olive oil and a nice pinch of sea salt. Everything looks better grilled. Add some parmesan...And combine with a salad, asparagus roasted with garlic cloves (thank you Charles), and delicious red skins. It was a heavenly feast.



No comments: