Monday, April 26, 2010

Craft Night :: Adoption Fundraiser

Another Tuesday night festivity for us girls occasionally includes a craft or two. Recently, we worked on some center pieces for this really great fundraiser we're planning. Let me tell you about it.

You see, I have this friend who just happens to be my cousin, Teresa. We've been best friends from day 1; it's just how our parents raised us. And we've just done life together. I was her maid of honor, she was mine. We even share a living space, as it is that we rent the lower half of their duplex. It just works out so well.

So now, we've come to the next exciting part of our lives-families! And I couldn't be more happy for her and Eric to start theirs. And they've decide to expand via adoption. They are currently in the process of adopting a little one from the Congo! And I am so excited! (As are they, of course.)

And this Saturday, May 1st, we will be having a fundraiser to help them get there! It's going to be a grand event, it really is; and you should be there! But even if you cannot, feel free to follow Teresa through the process on her blog http://surveyofalife.blogspot.com/.

Anyway, as I was saying, we recently made some really terrific centerpieces for the whole ordeal, and I wanted to share a what this little gathering looked like...

Michelle with her mad cutting skills.
Brook, modeling what we could potentially use the airplanes for in the future.
Oh, and because they're so cute, I thought Gavin and Rubes should make a special appearance.

For updates on the fundraiser and how these center pieces turned out, tune in next week! (As well as later this week when I will share more deets on the event.)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Love the post! Thanks Katy :)