Monday, April 19, 2010

Project!

Oh the joy of white, glossy spray paint. It has become a dear friend of mine as of late, as well as a great inspiration for a little redecorating of our living room. You need that kind of inspiration every now and again, don't you? It's one of those things that keeps you moving.

So, I've had this gold framer for quite some time. It actually started out as a mirror that I had found in my mother's basement when she moved in. I loved it! I kept it as is for awhile. But unfortunately one particular door shutting led to it falling off the hook and the glass shattered. So, I toted it all the way to Tulsa and back without any reason to hold onto it, besides the fact that I still very much loved it. It was until this past week I decided I really needed to make use of this beauty... and ta-da! Success!

Here's how it went:


Starting Piece

This is what the professionals do if you don't feel like the handle is working well enough.

Add some fabric in the middle, and you've got yourself some pure beauty!